YBC TESTIMONIALS FROM PATIENT and FAMILIES
YBC TESTIMONIALS and RECOMMENDATIONS
"Dr. Kat was amazing to work with! She diagnosed my son with autism (he had been to a specialist in the past who said he didn’t have it, so this really helped us to understand him better and get the right treatment such as ABA therapy to help him). She also worked with us to find the right medicine and natural supplements to support his ADHD and anxiety. This also included some testing to gain some additional insights as to which medication would work best for him. It was great to have a doctor that really put my son and his needs at the center of the care circle. He is now getting great reports from his school and is a much happier teenager (which makes the whole family a whole lot happier!) Thank you Dr. “Kit Kat” as my son likes to call her."
-Parent of middle-school aged patient
"Yellow Brick Clinic: Integrative ADHD, Autism, Developmental-Behavioral Health is a place of hope for our family. The staff is kind, courteous, and willing to do what it takes to help any person that walks into their preview. Dr. Kat is the best! She is smart, funny, and intuitive. We truly wouldn't be where we are today as a family if it wasn't for YBC. The positive changes to our physical and emotional health has allowed us to reconnect and become closer to each other. Thank you!!!"
-Parent of three elementary, middle, and high school-aged patients
"Hi Dr. Kat, First, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! I wanted to also say, Thank you so much!! You are one of the most pure hearted, compassionate, and determined medical professionals I have met. You told me in the beginning when, I was at my mentally weakest point that you would not give up. You kept that promise and today was probably one the beat days we have had in a long time. My son had a calm enough body and focus to play UNO with his daddy and brothers. So blessed thank you so much!!"
-Parent of young man with developmental disabilities
"Getting the right diagnosis does matter, and it's very relieving to finally have it. I have been bounced between mental health professionals for years and given the wrong medications over and over, making my health worse. With the correct diagnoses, I can get the accommodations and support I need. Knowing I have EDS helps both me and many of my family members figure out how to take care of ourselves to avoid pain and injury in the future.
My last psychiatrist said "horses not zebras" to me without ever thinking outside her box. I think doctors need awareness of EDS, and psychiatry needs awareness of autism and ADHD in their patients. Not all physical pain is from depression, and not everything they don't understand is a personality disorder. I have been this way my whole life, but I also don't want psychiatry to think it's all bad. Not all my differences have to be fixed, and with the right diagnoses, so many things finally make sense."
-College student patient
Dr. Mandie is a fantastic provider. She really cares about her patients and takes the time to fully understand their unique situations and needs. Her process is very thorough and I have found her to be patient, kind, and empathetic. I would recommend Dr. Mandie to anyone who is looking for a great psych professional to support them on their healing journey!
-Young adult patient seen for autism
Fees for Service
- Please check that your individual health care plan has YBC providers in-network, this is patient responsibility.
- Private Pay, many commercial insurances, Tricare, and most Medicaid Insurances are covered.
- *UHC commercial/medicaid may need pre authorization for OPTUM coverage from PCP to be seen.
- Medicaid patients: Case-by-case basis if able to provide longer term services, other than evaluation; this depends on the provider seen and the provider's on-going Medicaid panel of patients at that time. Recommendations and guidance will be given with evaluations/diagnosis/genetics, etc. if on-going care is not available at that time.
- Services covered by insurance are provided at the contracted rate, non-covered services will be billed to patient.
- Payment and co-pays are due at time of service, payment arrangements can be made with Nightingale Medical Billing.
- Any lab, genetic, or specialty testing is the responsibility of the patient to pay directly to the individual company utilized.
*Dr. Kat Johnson, DNP, PMHNP-BC, FNP-BC, C-PMHS is licensed in both WA and OR, sees patients aged 1-25 years of age, and is contracted with most commercial insurances, medicaid/Apple Health, medicare, Tricare, Kaiser First Choice (not regular Kaiser).
*Therapist Avalon Valencia, MSW, LICSW, MHP is currently paneling with insurances; this will be updated as she is covered. She is expected to join part time in Summer 2023.
Codes Billed: 99205, 99215, 99417, 90833, 90836, 90838, 96127, 96110, 96112, 96113, 96113, 96146, 96132, 96133, 96136, 96138, 99202, 96121, 96146, 90792, and sometimes other DBMH codes for those that need to reach out to their insurance companies.
NPI Numbers for Insurance: YBC Clinic's NPI: 1932687704; Dr. Kat ARNP's NPI: 1871010306; Avalon Valencia, LICSW's NPI: 1558814061
Fee for Service: Fee schedule available upon request; Private Pay rates are competitive with local practitioners.
10% discount for prompt pay at time of services.
Out-of-pocket autism evaluations average approximately $3500 for first two visits for evaluation, as there is extensive time spent with evaluation, review, report writing, and discussion of findings and next steps, ordering genetic testing, and referring to needed services. Follow up visits are less expensive and usually entail a 99213/14/15, 96127, and 90833 and are about every three months for ongoing medication management and support. For patients with insurances that your particular practitioner is contracted with, reimbursement is dependent on the allowed rates.
Telehealth Services: YBC is only offering Telehealth services in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho (audio-visual with Zoom)
- Initial visits should be from home or quiet location where kids can move around and parents can speak freely (in private about sensitive topics)from a computer or tablet with a larger screen (not phone)
- Children through college-aged Youth should have a parent, sibling, or other family member present at their initial evaluation visit as this is a developmental interview from early childhood and needs collateral information to help establish correct diagnoses.
- Young Adults will be asked to have a family member or friend from youth complete an assessment form.
- Please upload to CHARM: IEP/504 plan, report cards with teacher comments, and any other developmental testing.
- PCP may FAX last chart note with vital signs and previous diagnoses and care, or parent may upload to the portal and share.
- You may ZOOM from several locations to the appointment if necessary (can share link from appointment reminder)
- Follow-up and med-check visits may be done remotely from your smartphone or other video-capable device.
- We try to be flexible, Telehealth is amazing and can be done from PARKED car, private area at school or work, etc.
- Patient must Telehealth from the same state as their provider is licensed (i.e.: Washington, Oregon, Idaho)
- We LOVE making Telehealth "House Calls"!