Helping you to find your SUPERPOWER!
- Developmental-Behavioral Pediatric care
- Pediatric focused care: Toddlers through college-aged youth
- Autism "Center of Excellence" for Washington State
- Autism Evaluations (& co-occurring ADHD, etc)
- Growth and Development Concerns
- Developmental Disabilities & Delays
- Collaboration of care with PCPs & specialty providers
- Advocacy for patients with developmental differences and their needs
- YBC Providers participate with Washington Autism ECHO learning collaboratives
- Genetic Testing
- Chromosomal Micro-array (CMA), Fragile X, Whole Exome Sequencing
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome & Connective Tissue Disorder Genetics
- Pharmacogenetic Testing (DNA)
- Supplements: Doctors Supplement Store
Today does not have to be your TOMORROW!
- Autism, ADHD, Neurodevelopmental
- Developmental Disabilities & Delays
- Autism Evaluations with Diagnoses
- Therapy referrals as appropriate (ABA, Speech, OT, PT...)
- Support to referring providers
- Co-occurring Challenges
- Focus and attention
- Behavioral difficulties
- School and Friends
- Bedwetting or constipation
- Worry or sadness in childhood
- Picky eating, ARFID, disordered eating
- Recommendations or Support
- Pharmacogenetic (DNA) testing
- Genetic testing as appropriate
- Supplements and/or Complementary Alternative Medicine (CAM)
- Medication recommendations and/or management
- Neurodiversity seen as benefit & blessing
- LGBTQ-friendly care
Thinking "Outside the Box" to provide Holistic Caring!
- YBC has been selected as an "Ehlers-Danlos Society Centers/Networks of Excellence" (2023-24)
- Connective Tissue Disorders often overlap w/ neurodiversity
- Screening & Diagnosis of Ehlers-Danlos and Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders
- Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)
- Referrals to specialty providers
- Functional Medicine Testing and Treatments
- Dietary Antigen Testing
- Mold/Mycotoxin, Organic Acids Test (OAT), Heavy Metals
- FRAT and MitoSwab Testing
- Supplements & herbal treatments as needed
- Several YBC providers participate with Medical Providers for Special Needs Pediatrics (MAPS)
- Providing an Integrative Model of Care
- Listening to your preferences and needs... It really IS all about YOU!
Yellow Brick Clinic: Integrative ADHD, Autism & Developmental-Behavioral Pediatric Health (YBC) is an outpatient, pediatric focused, medical clinic serving the Pacific Northwest (PNW) seeing patients from age 1 through 25 years in Washington State.
YBC is near Seattle, the "Emerald City"; utilizing Telehealth to evaluate and treat ADHD, autism, and developmental-behavioral challenges with an "Integrative Medicine twist". We have been participating as a Center of Excellence for Autism (WA HCA) and serve young children through college-aged youth for autism evaluations and diagnoses since 2017, and each of the YBC clinical providers brings both specialty education and experience.
YBC has also been chosen by the Ehlers Danlos Society to be a Centers & Networks of Excellence for Ehlers Danlos Syndrome/Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders (EDS/HSD, 2023). YBC is committed to partnering with you and your loved ones to help provide best options for you to be the amazing person that you are! Integrative care options are intertwined, blending the best evidence-based medical practices with holistic medicine options for well-rounded care. We seek to provide collaborative care, meaning YBC providers are happy to work with your other healthcare providers/team to create a caring community of support that builds you up as you travel your own Yellow Brick Road!
Next Steps with YBC:
Registering with Yellow Brick Clinic: Integrative Autism & Developmental-Behavioral Pediatric Health
- YBC works with young children through youth aged 25 years, please have Primary Care Provider (PCP) FAX your/your child's last medical visit note with last IN PERSON exam/vitals to 833-631-6941. Referrals must come directly from the medical provider and have patient's current email and cell phone.
- YBC is not an emergency crisis center/psychiatric clinic. If you/patient are experiencing suicidal thinking or risk to self, please contact your PCP, ER, 911, Crisis Hotline, or other resources while you are waiting for a developmental evaluation (see resource page for links) and contact your current medical team.
- Once the FAXED referral is received, patients will receive EMAIL notification to register their CHARM portal account, complete intake forms in CHARM, and load all insurance cards, IEP/504 plan, and any other documents for developmental collateral information.
- After ALL registration forms are completed and insurance cards are loaded, the YBC Scheduling team will add you to the schedule-ready list. Patients are contacted when the first available appointment time is open for their age/insurance/services sought. Please be watchful for text and email alert for notifications. All communication with scheduling team and providers is in your CHARM portal messaging.
- YBC is a pediatric-focused specialty clinic providing autism, ADHD, and developmental-behavioral health evaluations and/or care for young children through college-aged youth (<25 yo) with a goal to have short waiting times for evaluation.
- YBC has been selected as an Ehlers-Danlos Society Center & Networks of Excellence for EDS/HSD. YBC providers are familiar with evaluation, diagnosis, and addressing co-occurring developmental-behavioral health needs with connective tissue disorders.
- Patients may be offered evaluations and diagnostic reports (autism, ADHD, EDS/HSD) with recommendations and appropriate referrals in a consultative role, returning to PCP/care team for implementation and on-going care. Medication management/stabilization is on a case-by-case basis.
- Medicaid Patients: YBC reserves 20 % of our patient capacity for families with low income covered by only Medicaid, and as a Washington Autism Center of Excellence we believe that all children need to have access to autism and ADHD evaluations and access to services. Patients with Medicaid/Apple Health insurance will be scheduled in order of fully registering as appointments are available according to this policy/ratio. ***If patients have additional Commercial Insurance with Medicaid, this must be provided, and may affect which wait list the patient is on.
- YBC appreciates United States Military Service Members and welcomes children with Tricare for diagnostic services with Dr. Kat, DNP, ARNP.
- Residents of Washington, Oregon, and Idaho who are not in network with private insurers that the YBC providers are contracted with may need to pay cash rates and submit their superbills to insurance for reimbursement. If patients are not covered with an insurance that has contracted with YBC provider seen, then the patient/parent is responsible to pay the bill in full at the time of visit. Patients may be required to give a deposit towards services in this case to be scheduled and seen. YBC providers are not contracted with any non-Washington Medicaid plans.
- Therapy Patients: Avalon, MSW, LICSW, MHP will be working with YBC part-time in Fall 2023, seeing patients aged 15-25 yo. At this time, Avalon's insurance credentialing is still pending, though can bill fees for services and provide a statement for patients to submit to their insurances. Stay tuned!
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) tab has insurance information to review if your insurance is likely covered; it is patient responsibility to have appropriate referrals (or pre-authorizations) from their PCP (WA residents). Out of State patients may have to pay a deposit for services, pay at time of service and submit to their insurances, and must be in the specific state their YBC provider has an active, independent license (see FAQ).
- Please be patient with the registration and waitlist process, as the YBC staff are working to best serve all incoming patients!
- YBC has a strict policy that any rude or aggressive treatment towards any YBC Team member may result in terminated services.
- We love working with YBC patients and families and seek to have everyone enjoy that experience together!
- YBC Information/assistance phone (for patients): 425-777-5467.
- Dr. Kat's cell phone (for medical providers or emergencies): 425-736-9609.
- YBC Fax: 833-631-6941
- info(at)yellowbrickclinic.com reaches the YBC Intake Team (once registered, please use Charm messaging)
Thank you! We look forward to working with you! Team YBC
Art Credit: "Almost There - The Wizard of Oz" © 2000, Scott Gustafson. For more information please visit www.scottgustafson.com